Concerns, Complaints and Suggestions

We have a number of ways in which you or your representative/family member can raise a concern, complaint or make a suggestion:

You may speak to any member of staff. They will happily take your verbal feedback and pass it on to the relevant supervisor/manager. If the matter is straightforward, we also encourage our staff to act and resolve any concern immediately if possible.

You may also complete the ‘Concerns/Suggestions’ Form and either hand it to a staff member, or if you prefer, use the Suggestion Box provided in each Unit/Area. Forms are located in each Unit/Area with envelopes which you may seal for confidentiality should you wish.

If you wish to make a formal complaint about any aspect of your service, in the first instance you should direct your complaint to the Operations and Development Manager, on (02) 9832 5418

If you feel uncomfortable ringing, you may ask someone to ring on your behalf, or you may write to:

The Operations and Development Manager
Our Lady of Consolation Aged Care & Services Ltd
32 Evans Rd,
Rooty Hill NSW 2766

You will receive prompt attention to your complaint and the final outcome will be confirmed in writing.

If you are dissatisfied with the outcome you can write to:

The Chief Executive Officer
Our Lady of Consolation Aged Care & Services Ltd
32 Evans Road,
Rooty Hill, NSW 2766

The Chief Executive Officer may direct that the matter be reviewed or may refer the matter to mediation/conciliation.

Residents and their representatives may also make an external complaint. The appropriate external agency for complaints about residential aged care is The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission, contact details are as follows:

Telephone: 1800-951-822

Or in writing to:

The Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
GPO Box 9819
(letters should be marked ‘Confidential’)


OLOCACS would prefer to have the opportunity of resolving any issues or concerns directly in the first instance, but supports clients’ and representatives’ rights to access the external complaint mechanism if they prefer.