The Short-Term Restorative Care program offers eligible older people a short-term program to help them regain as much independence as possible and assist them in making longer term care support arrangements.
It is a goal oriented, time limited (8 weeks/56 days) program which provides access to therapy which is focused on wellness and restoring independence.
If you’re eligible you will be offered an individualised program to meet your needs.
This may include:
- A Care Coordinator to establish your supports and services with you and coordinate your care;
- Assistance to access your GP;
- Therapy e.g. Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy;
- Mobility and daily activity equipment to aid independence;
- Personal Care such as showering and dressing;
- Domestic assistance to help you restore and maintain your independence.
A restorative respite program is particularly useful to people who:
- have had a recent decline in functional ability or ability to manage daily activities (not linked to a recent hospital visit);
- are able to benefit from a restorative program;
- have been recently assessed by an aged care assessment team (ACAT) and approved for this type of service;
- are prepared to commit to developing and achieving goals through a short-term restorative care program, in partnership with OLOC;
- have not received a recent Transitional Care Package or commenced a Home Care Package.
How to Get Started
For further information contact our friendly staff on (02) 9832 5484.
We would be happy to assist you in your contact with My Aged Care and help you to navigate the government aged care system.