Our Lady of Consolation’s Home Lawn and Maintenance Service focuses of improving your sense of wellbeing, accessibility and safety through repairs and maintenance of the home and garden.
The service concentrates on removing risks around the home and establishing an environment which supports a client’s wellbeing. While the service does not include general renovations to your home, there many services that can assist you to remain living confidently in your own home, including:
- Garden maintenance, pruning, mowing or weeding where there are issues of safety or accessibility.
- Replacement of light bulbs and tap washers.
- Installation of batteries in smoke or security alarms.
- Minor carpentry repairs.
- Cleaning of gutters or windows.
- Minor roof repairs.
To be access this program you must be:
- 65 years of age or older (50 years of age or over for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander people), or;
- Living at home and requiring some help to remain safe and independent, or;
- Living in the local government areas of Auburn, Blacktown, Hawkesbury, The Hills, Holroyd, Parramatta, Penrith and the Blue Mountains.
Check your eligibility and apply online at MyAgedCare
The Australian Government subsidies a range of aged care services in Australia. If your circumstances allow, it is expected you will contribute to the cost of your care. If you are able to contribute towards the cost of your Home Lawn and Maintenance Service, we offer a range of payment options that we can tailor to meet your financial circumstances
Any fees or subsidies will be discussed and agreed upon before any work takes place so you have the opportunity to clarify any concerns.
How to Get Started
You will need to have your needs assessed by a My Aged Care assessor. To organise an assessment, apply online or call 1800 200 422. Alternatively call our friendly staff on (02) 9832 4599 for help navigating the aged care system.
After the assessment we will contact you and organise to meet and discuss your needs.
Need more than one service? Have you considered a Home Care Package?
Our Commitment To You
We want to ensure that you are more than satisfied with the service you receive, and that it will help you to continue to live at home. However, if for some reason this is not the case then we would encourage you to contact us immediately on (02) 9832 4599 and your concerns will be dealt with promptly and professionally.